Good lighting can really transform a home or outdoor space, and more households than ever are now investing in decorative lighting solutions. So, how do you choose the best decorative lights? Well, here are a few factors you need to take into consideration:
• Low Energy – One of the main factors you should be taking note of when shopping for decorative lights is the energy usage of the bulbs. Ideally, you want to choose products that have LEDs, as those types of lights use very little energy and do not get hot. If you decide to opt for a decorative lamp that uses conventional bulbs, try to see if you can source low-energy versions of those bulbs. It can be surprising how much electricity lighting can use when if it isn’t energy efficient.
• Controllable Brightness – Some modern decorative lighting setups can be remotely controlled via smartphone apps. While you might not need the latest smart lighting, you should look for lights that at least have manual controllable brightness settings. Being able to dim lights can help you to create the right ambiance for different events.
• Cost – While saving money is never a bad thing, it can often be worth investing a little bit more in order to obtain a top-quality product. Decorative lights are meant to add a touch a luxury and class to your home, so don’t be scared to indulge a little. If you are getting lights professionally installed, it makes even more sense to choose the best ones you can afford.
• Ease of installation – Depending on the design of the decorative lights, you might need to hire a professional electrician for installation. If you are looking for easy to install garden lights, look out for solar-powered or rechargeable lanterns. That way, you won’t have to worry about running power lines into your garden. For deck lighting, you can find some very affordable solar-powered lanterns for sale online.
• Safety Rating – While it is possible to find some very cheap decorative lights from overseas suppliers, it’s important to make sure that any lights you buy are built to the highest electrical safety standards. Products with poor quality wiring and cheap transformers can cause electrical house fires or even cause electric shocks. Safety ratings should be your top priority when shopping for lights.
• Color Options – Many people opt for multi-colored fairy lights, but if you are looking for a classy look, it would be better to select decorative lighting with a warm white glow. Flashing, multi-colored lighting can often become annoying after a while, so if you are looking for a permanent lighting solution, looks for lights that you will want to use year-round.
Featured above are just a few of the factors you need to think about when looking for decorative lighting solutions for your home and garden. Remember, there are lots of options in the marketplace and if you need help choosing the right lighting designs, don’t be afraid to hire an interior designer.